In a previous post, we've looked at Giving Honest and Sincere Appreciation and how it is essential in interpersonal communication.
In this post, i will be showing my appreciation to bloggers that have enriched my life in some way or another.
Firstly, i would like to show my appreciation to Rick from Rick's World for awarding me with the "Honest Scrap" award.
Rick's blog is filled with great writing and it is an honour to be nominated by him. As bloggers, we put in so much effort in our blogs and its lovely to be acknowledged for your work from time to time through nice gestures of appreciation such as what Rick has done.
The requirements of this award are as follows:
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
Again, quoting from Rick’s blog, here are the requirements:
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”
Here are the ten honest things about myself
1) I am a positive person
2) I believe in the power of positive thinking
3) I believe that we should all constantly try to improve oneself
4) I look towards the good in a person
5) I believe that generally speaking, each individual is inherently good on the inside
6) I have had my share of problems with other people
7) This has led me to realise the importance of interpersonal communication
8) I lead a blessed life with a caring family and a loving girlfriend
9) I enjoy watching the UFC and playing poker
10) I wish that the world could become an even better place for one and all.
The first blog that i would like to highlight would be Communication Exchange by Patricia Rockwell. As a former communications teacher, Patricia makes comprehensive posts about a wide range of communication related issues. She has been a constant supporter of my blog and I appreciate it very much.
Next, I would like to highlight CK from A Singaporean in London. An active blogger with a huge following on the blog-o-sphere. His blog is filled with interesting insights from a Singaporean living in London. Coincidentally i might be going there later this year. Hope to meet up sometime.
The next blog that i would like to highlight is by Kerrilee, entitled Lazy Bear Blogs. I really like the design of this site. The fact that it has comprehensive articles makes the blog all that much greater!
Health Nut Wannabe Mom is a blog by Heidi that is about health nutrition and weight loss tips. It is such a great blog that in the last week, it has been the recipient of the "Heart and Soul" award awarded to blogs that have touched that person. Truely a great blog.
Discipline or Regret is Andrew Scott's quest to achieve a fitter and healthier life. I enjoy the concept of his blog tremendously as i feel very strongly that life is all about discipline or regret. It takes discipline to do the right thing so as to avoid the regret that will follow. Its all about resisting the temptations of short term gains to achieve the long term benefits.
Womensselfesteem.com's Blog is a blog by Dorothy that talks about womens self-esteem and confidence. Her blog is filled with lovely pictures and positive thoughts. Just lovely!!!
Help to make the world a better place by spreading some love!!!